Back in 2010, Los Angeles-based band, 2AM Club released the song “Worry About You”. When I first heard this track I was blown away by the infectious vocals provided by Marc Griffin. It was a song that I couldn’t put down.
Fast forward to 2016 and 2AM Club is on indefinite hiatus but that hasn’t stopped Griffin from building an impressive solo career. Griffin, now using the stage name Marc E. Bassy, has written for artists such as Wiz Khalifa, and Ty Dolla $ign. He’s also been featured on a number of tracks with fellow Bay Area artist G-Eazy.
With 3 projects under his belt (Only the Poets, Vol 1; East Hollywood; Groovy People), Bassy is building a strong music library filled with catchy melodies and honest lyrics. With each project, Bassy is proving to be in a group of select artists whose songs can be replayed over and over without losing their impact.
A perfect example is his irresistible verse on the remix to Kill J’s “You’re Good But I’m Better”. He commands the track the moment the funky beat (provided by frequent collaborator, production duo Jarami) drops.
Familiarize yourself with Bassy’s elite talent with the latest in our Starter Pack playlist series.
- Marc E. Bassy – “Having Fun”
- Marc E. Bassy Feat. G-Eazy – “You & Me”
- G-Eazy Feat. Marc E. Bassy – “Some Kind of Drug”
- Marc E. Bassy Feat. Kehlani – “Lock It Up”
- Marc E. Bassy – “Free Love”
- Marc E. Bassy Feat. Ty Dolla $ign – “That’s Love”
- Marc E. Bassy – “Dirty Water”
- 2AM Club – Every Evening”
- Aaliyah Feat. Marc E. Bassy – “Rock the Boat” (Jarami Remix)
- Kill J Feat. Marc E. Bassy – “You’re Good But I’m Better” (Jarami Remix)